As part of my 30 Day GMail and Yahoo! Mail Challenge, I'm posting the good and bad of my experiences so far--now ~4 days into it...
Tips (or Likes)
- Keyboard navigation rocks. As a former mutt user, I feel right at home.
- The maps/address integration is very nice. When a message has an address in it, Gmail sticks a link to the relevant maps/directions on the right side. I've actually used that several times instead of going to the effort of cut-n-paste into Yahoo! Maps.
- The interface for setting up filters is quite nice and they have just the options I seem to need.
- Stability. I've been seeing that Gmail warning a lot recently. It was fine for a month or so but is now flakey again.
- The "reply" and "reply all" links are at the bottom of the messages only. I'd also like 'em at the top. I can get that but I first have to click the "more options" link.
- Calendar integration. But since Google Calendar hasn't launched yet, I have to wait.
I can't find a way to move a message back to the Inbox if I've accidentally archived it. This really annoys me.Figured that one out thanks to the comments.
Posted by jzawodn at September 29, 2005 03:03 PM