As part of my 30 Day GMail and Yahoo! Mail Challenge, I'm posting the good and bad of my experiences so far--now ~2 days into it...
- Ctrl-Enter sends a new message. I found this out by accident and was thrilled to see it Just Work. :-)
- Y! Mail has the option to automatically add new contacts to my addessbook when I sent a message to someone I've never sent to before. This annoyed me at first because it made sending mail feel like it required more steps than really necessary. But I quickly realized how valuable this was and don't mind the one-time cost at all. Having he address completion when composing is great.
- The 'v' key toggles the "preview pane" which is handy when you'd like to make a quick pass thru your inbox to clean out the obvious junk. I jused to hit F8 for that all the time in Thunderbird.
- There is no hotkey for "mark as spam." I'd suggest using "!" simply because GMail has already trained me to use that key for it.
- I'd like a preferece that says "always CC this address." As it is, I have to manually add myself to the CC line on every message I compose.
- Sorting preferences are not sticky. I like the newest stuff at the bottom and can get that with a click each time I start Y! Mail, but shouldn't have to. want the default to be customized for my habits.
- Plain URLs in messages aren't converted to links. I can cut-n-paste, so not a big deal.
I have reported all the feature requests and/or bugs via the send feedback link in the Yahoo! Mail Beta.
Posted by jzawodn at September 28, 2005 01:26 AM