For quite a while now, I've been removing occasional comments from my weblog. Not just spammers. If someone violates my weblog comment policy, I nuke their comment(s). It's that simple.
Until now, I hadn't published my policy. Instead, I forgot about Rule #1 (People Are Stupid) and figured that common sense would rule the day.
So, here are the rules--things you should not do when posting a comment on my weblog. And since it is my weblog and not yours, you don't have a lot of say in the matter, do you?
- post off-topic. If you're not sure what the topic is, you probably shouldn't be commenting.
- engage in personal attacks.
- provide a fake e-mail address. If you don't want to leave an address, leave it blank.
- provide a URL to a non-weblog. If you don't have a weblog or don't want to link to it, leave it blank too.
- spam. Yes, this is redundant with #1 most of the time, but I figured I ought to be explicit.
I'll update this post from time to time as rules change. I'll also link it from the comment form so that nobody can claim ignorance.
Violation of this policy may mean any of the following:
- I will remove your comments.
- I will block your attempts to comment in the future.
- I will contact your Internet Service Provider.
- I will randomly screw with your mind.
To the 99% of you that never needed to read this in the first place, thanks for putting up with this post.
Posted by jzawodn at July 13, 2004 02:07 PM