A few weeks ago, Dion Hinchcliffe wrote Creating Web 2.0 Applications: Seven Ways to Fully Embrace the Network which contains some crazy business-speak and some good ideas about making it possible for your applications to harness network effects.
Briefly, I'll list them here along with a few of my comments.
- Network Enable Your Application
- Enable Data Sharing and Data Defaults
- Linkify Everything In Your Web 2.0 App: people still underestimate the power of the permalink, don't they?
- Syndicate Your Content: welcome to 2002!
- Turn Your Application Into a Platform: this can be much, much harder than it seems
- Open Up Inside Your Site
- Build a Viral Social Architecture
What did he miss?
Posted by jzawodn at August 24, 2006 05:03 PM