This is by no means complete. But I figured I ought to write down those that have occurred to me recently.
- it takes at least one month to get new test hardware
- there's a constant parking shortage
- everything has a form that must be filled out, such as "I want to ship a package to someone" when you're in the shipping room
- the fact that you have a loading dock upon which you can fill out that form and a shipping/receiving staff to process it
- everyone seems to have a different job title and the new ones seem to sound way more important than they actually are
- taking a job interviewee to lunch at the cafeteria and not being able to find three empty spaces where you can sit with him and one other person
- you have a full-time person dedicated to helping employees figure out ways to optimize their commute
I'm sure others will add things that I haven't experienced or thought of yet. If you do decide to add your own, please omit the obvious Office Space references. I think we all know them by now. And I'd hate to start that virus all over again.
Well, hmm. I think "hate" is a rather strong word.
Posted by jzawodn at April 28, 2004 04:57 PM