I must say, the quality of these ads is all over the map. It's clear to me that some folks actually want to sell their vehicle while others, for reasons that escape me, seem intent on not ever selling a thing.
In order to help that second group, I've assembled a list of things you can do to help ensure that your auto classified does not result in any interest, much less a sale.
- Never ever post a photo or a link to photos of your vehicle.
- When contacted via e-mail asking for photos, say that there are none and don't bother offering to take any.
- Leave out essential information, such as the mileage, model year, and color.
- Post your ad on Friday so that the folks who plan to go looking at vehicles on the weekend are likely to see it. But make sure you're out of town.
- Repost the same ad every 2-3 days for several weeks and never realize that you're probably asking too much for your piece of shit.
- List "towing package" in the ad, but provide pictures that show the tow hitch (or anything related to one) notably absent.
That's all I've got. Feel free to add others in the comments.
Posted by jzawodn at February 14, 2004 07:04 PM