Are you interested in Yahoo! Widgets (formerly Konfabulator) and seeing more of Yahoo's web content, services, and tools move onto devices that might live in your pocket, living room, car, or kitchen?
If so, send me a resume. The Yahoo! Developer Network (where I work) and Yahoo's "Connected Life" group is looking for a Technical Evangelist to help spread the word about what they're doing and play an important role in future strategy.
Here's some of what you might do:
- Build and own the relationships with key developers, ISVs, and partners
- Provide regular input from 3rd party developers, ISVs, and partners to product teams inside Yahoo! to influence product planning including research and face-to-face meetings
- Manage public launch plans for services
- Work closely with PR to obtain high-profile speaking slots at key events around the globe, positive mentions in appropriate press outlets, etc.
- Write for the YDN blog, international Yahoo! business unites, and other key industry publications (e.g. OReilly, ZDNet, News.com, etc.)
- Maintain the event and sponsorship calendar for your area of focus
- Promote interesting, valuable, or useful Application Gallery submissions
- ...and lots more
The job is on-site in Sunnyvale, California and will likely involve travel now and then to various places around the US and a bit internationally.
Please do get in touch if you're interested (or know someone who'd be good). I'll get your resume directly to the hiring manager and answer any questions you have about Yahoo.
Posted by jzawodn at August 30, 2007 12:24 PM