- MyBlogLog needs LAMP and Operations help, based in Berkeley, California. It's a small team doing very visible work quickly.
- The Yahoo! Pipes team and Advanced Products team are looking for great engineers both front-end and back-end based in Sunnyvale, California.
- Flickr needs international (multilingual) community managers who love Flickr and the Flickr community. Work from where you live. :-)
- The Yahoo! Developer Network has several openings including technical evangelists, backend engineers, frontend engineers, and product management.
- The Yahoo! Tiger Team is Hiring Senior Software Engineers so if you know your Unix and C/C++ and can build scalable systems, this job is for you. The team is based in Sunnyvale, California.
To the best of my knowledge, all the jobs are open to existing Yahoos (internal transfers are a great way to try out a new job without switching companies--I've done my share of that!) as well as outsiders. In most cases, however, location is an issue. The nature of most of these makes remote work difficult (at least in the short and medium terms). The Flickr jobs are an obvious exception to that.
Shoot me a resume (or a pointer to it) and let me know what you're interested in. I'll get your resume to a hiring manger and be happy to answer any questions you have about working at Yahoo, where I've been for 7+ years now.
Posted by jzawodn at March 01, 2007 11:42 AM