Sometimes the simple things amaze me (or amuse me) most. Here are a few I've come across on this trip:
- My Yahoo employee badge works in Taiwan. Yes, I can go half way around the world and my badge still unlocks the door so that I can work. Nice!
- I was having breakfast this morning at the hotel and ended up sitting next to a guy who grew up in Toledo, Ohio (so did I). He's been working at his current job for 8 years and lives less than 10 minutes from my parents. Apparently the farther I go from home, the greater the odds of running into someone "from home" seem to be.
- Bubble Tea. The guys in Taiwan got me some Bubble Tea at lunch today. Yum.
- MySQL 5.0 has a "blackhole" storage engine. It's basically an idea I suggested to them 2-3 years ago. I'm glad to see they've implemented it even though I no longer need it.
- The hotel left me another apple yesterday. It was yum. I love free apples when they're still crispy.
Now back to your regularly scheduled... Well, whatever you come here for.
Posted by jzawodn at November 10, 2005 10:51 PM