The big, sold out, $2800 per person Web 2.0 Conference takes place this week, but forget about that. The real web technology event not to be missed is Merlin Mann’s gig, the blink tag worshiping Web 1.0 Summit. Merlin is the snarkalicious "mann" behind 43 Folders, 5ives and other web goodness.
Proposed format for brief, non-primarily-drinking-and-socializing portion of the Conference:
- You sign up on a sheet to do your presentation
- I hold and manage a timer (duh)
- You have 2.0 minutes to make a case for your 1.0 technology or squirrely business model
- Whenever you say "monetize," "font face," or any of a variety of secret 1998 words, everyone drinks
- Repeat until a) 20 minutes, b) we get bored, or c) every person in the room completes a first round of funding
Posted by jzawodn at October 03, 2005 02:31 PM