- It was always out of date because I was too lazy to really automate getting it out of NetNewsWire and run thru my custom script
- Who I read is really my business. You'll know who I really like by who I link to anyway.
- I don't want to get mail from folks if they suddenly notice themselves removed. This has happened.
- I don't want to get e-mail from people suggesting others I should read based on those I had listed. Yes, believe it or not, I don't actually subscribe to Dave or Joi. I think many so-called "A-list" bloggers are overrated. I guess that makes me an un-blogger or something.
- It was too long and got in the way of some visual changes I thought I wanted to make.
In Steve's Who's On My Blogroll? I Say Who Cares? I see that I am not alone in this. Luckily nobody has ever gone so far as to call me on the phone about such a trivial matter.
Anyway, I was realizing that I don't have a good way to figure out what I'm not reading very often. I'd like to get myself down below the 200 feeds mark in NetNewsWire again. Then I remembered the Dinosaurs Window. It'll show you feeds that haven't updated recently. That doesn't help with the feeds that do update but I never read, but it's a very good start.
Posted by jzawodn at November 14, 2004 09:33 AM