Yup, another job opening. If you're interested or know someone who'd kick ass in this job, let me know.
The job is on-site in Sunnyvale, California.
Enjoy solving hard problems creatively? Know all the GOF patterns? Can you make database schemas into 3rd Normal form? Do you know the difference between REST, SOAP, and MOM?
We are looking for an engineer to architect new services, build shared libraries, and refactor existing systems. You will work with Yahoo! News, Sports, Weather, Finance, Health and other groups to build exciting systems. You will deliver complex projects in demanding deadlines while helping other engineers design and implement their systems.
If you've had experience building high-throughput systems, can design an class hierarchy in your sleep, and know all about web services, then we're looking for you.
- 5-7 years experience designing modern systems
- BS or MS in Computer Science
- Knowledge of practical application of design patterns
- Good written/verbal communication skills and strong investigation, research and evaluation skills
- Clear prioritization skills in a chaotic, fast-paced environment
- Web services experience a plus
- C/C++, Perl, Java
I know some (many?) of the folks you'd be working with in this job. They're smart folks who love building great technology.
Oh, and don't ask me what "exciting systems" are. We all know that job listings are partly sales pitches, so that's what you get I guess.
Posted by jzawodn at August 10, 2004 09:43 PM