I made a bunch of blog template changes earlier to finally adjust some things that have long bothered me about MoveableType. The links to individual posts from the main index are now cleaner. I always point to the entry using a clean URL, no #123 stuff on the end. And for comments I point to the entry page too (using the #comments anchor), rather than using the CGI script. This makes it faster. I still need to fix the TrackBack links. Once I've added the TrackBack detail to the entry pages, I'll stop linking to the mt-tb.cgi script.
I've added a new feature, the "top 10 posts" to the right side of the main archive as well as on the individual entry pages. I've always wanted to know which of my posts get the most traffic, so I spent the 4 minutes necessary to write that code too. (I was waiting for some stuff to finish at work.)
Yes, I do plan to upgrade from 2.21 to 2.6x sometime soon. Really. I do.
Anyway, enough blogging about blogging for now. :-)
Posted by jzawodn at March 04, 2003 01:48 PM