For a long time I've known that some things have bugged me about certain blogs and/or bloggers. This is my attempt to collect them in a top-10 list. I was going to write a paragraph for each one, but I think most of the annoyances are obvious. Plus I really don't have the time right now.
(And, no, I'm not naming names here. And, yes, I know that I'm guilty of some of these from time to time.)
- Bloggers who don't enable comments on their blogs.
- Bloggers who rarely produce original content, instead simply aggregating links to other blogs that I already read.
- Bloggers who spend more time blogging about blogging than anything else.
- Bloggers who are FontBitches and don't care.
- Bloggers who don't provide any "about me" info on their blog, or pointers to it elsewhere on their site. I like to know more about the people I'm reading.
- Bloggers who don't provide a blogroll.
- Bloggers who post excuses for not posting. I don't care if you're busy today. If you're not posting, fine. I'll just assume you had other things to do.
- Bloggers who react but rarely act. Commenting on what other people say or do is interesting, but I'm annoyed by folks who never seem to have original material. (Yes, this is like #2 but it's not quite the same.)
- Bloggers who don't provide obvious RSS links for their blog. Yes, I know that RSS auto-discovery is great, but not all tools do it.
- Bloggers who have TrackBack but don't use it.
Feel free to add your own in the comments. And, of course, tell me what annoys you about my blogging. :-)
Posted by jzawodn at February 21, 2003 12:46 PM